Sunday, May 6, 2007

"I couldn't unpeach the peaches. Nor can I rember ever having seen wihtout understand" (703)

I like this quote because she is tlaking about seeing in a way that n o one does, seeing without getting it, just seeing for what it is, for shaps and dept and object and color. But we cant do that because we have learned things for what they are and what they mean and what they are for. We look at the science meaning of it, the mathmatic meaning of it, the language for it. But we dont really look at it. Do we? we see it for what it does.... not for what it is. We see it for the ripple effect it has, for what it will mean to us. But we never see it for just it. Becasue thats not what we have been taugh and thats not what we have learned. And we simply cant unlearn it.

1 comment:

lauren rene, said...

I randomly stumbled upon your blog, and this post in paritular. I will continue to visit this blog, provided you have more awesome quotes. Am Lit is almost as cool as Cnadian Lit, xD. I've got tons if you want some.